Two pieces of news to share :
- The Royal Society of Wildlife Trusts has confirmed that the Heritage Lottery Fund have offered £1.2m of grant aid towards red squirrel conservation across Northern Ireland, Wales and northern England subject to the successful completion of development works this winter – as per the attached press release>>. If successful, the project will help RSNE continue our programme and provide across to new networking and learning opportunities for all RSNE partners and community groups with other red squirrel projects across the UK over four years.
- The team are running two Conservation Gatherings on Saturday October 17th – we would love you and interested colleagues to attend:
- North East
- Woodhorn Museum, 10am. Lunch provided.
- Guest speaker: Newcastle University PhD student Deborah Brady will provide an update on her research into the effects of culling greys on red squirrels at Wallington Hall.
- Please click here for further information and to book your tickets>>. Booking essential.
- North West
- Shap Wells Hotel, 10am. Lunch provided.
- Guest speaker: Dr Emma Sheehy from the University of Aberdeen will talk about the role of the pine marten in red squirrel conservation.
- Please click here to for further information and to book your tickets>> Booking essential.
RSNE Project Manager